Friday, November 25, 2011

Blog 17

In “The Story of Stuff” Annie Leonard argues that planned obsolescence is a system that designs products to break apart. Moreover, these big corporations know that those products they made will only last a short while so it is transient. One day we will have to face those issues and find a better situation. Meanwhile, these big corporations like Best buy, Target, Wal-Mart and other business will continue to increase their profit. However, many of these products are toxic to our environment as well as our health. I feel that majority of those manufacture products are saturated. This operation is not obligatory and I feel like our human rights are being violated from all this madness. On a much lower scale I can related to this issue. When I was thirteen years old a man name john sold me a fake gold chain that was broke but, I did not realize it until I got home. I was so excited and gullible at that age. I did not know he deceived me until I bring it to the jewelry store to get fixes. I was extremely angry at him so once I saw john again he got a beat down he would never forget amen (LOL).

Another issue Leonard argues is perceived obsolescence which is hilarious to me. I watched people cried and lied to keep up with the latest fashion. These companies who use marketing strategy are at their acme in this economy. They create this illusion in people mind that last year products are tawdry and not worst wearing. Consumers have feed off these false allegations and believe whatever the media tells them. We have been suffering for a very long time since 1950 war that took places. This consumer madness started with companies saturating the market to boost our economy. I can not say this is right or wrong, but if I could persuade the world as the media have done. I would tell everyone to invest in some of my ideas? For instance, I would love to open up a club in midtown Manhattan with a restaurant/bar and persuade everyone to purchases a bottle of liquor every night. Hey the media does it to people all the time so can I?

No comments:

Post a Comment