Monday, November 21, 2011

Blog 16

In “Let Them Eat Fat” Greg Critser spoke about fast foods companies who target poor/ middle class proletarians. They use marketing strategies to persuade customers such as young black adolescence.

I hate the idea of how vindictive these fast food places conduct business. Now that I am knowledgeable about this capricious act I will not purchase any more fast food. We need an advocate to aid poor/ middle class proletarians from Mc Donald’s and other organized avaricious corporations. On the other hand, people in power can be incongruous that is why they target uneducated individuals who tried to be frugal by spending less money for a meal to eat. Everyone should have the right to eat a healthy balanced meal in America whether you are poor/ middle class or wealthy.

The main reason why I am extremely repudiate is simply because I am a young black male who is in a middle class barrier and my neighborhood is surrounded by fast food places. Secondly, my children enjoy eating Mc Donald’s food as well as other fast food restaurants occasionally. In addition fast food places just started getting letter grades on how clean there establishments are. However, people who eat from these places on a regular basis develop serious health issues. I know because in my community I analyze the enormous amount of individual males and females I grew up with that are obese.

It is evident that Mc Donald’s and other fast food restaurants are not healthy balance meals for people to eat. One fact that I can corroborate is the video I saw in Dr. X class where a man in great health name Morgan ate Mc Donald’s for thirty days. After his thirty day experiment the doctor told him he had a lot of health issues because of what he ate. Also fast food restaurants are using marketing strategies according to Critser he quoted “If we don’t recommend a supersize, the supersize is free! “ Does that sound crazy or what how they embellish an illusion in peoples' mind subconsciously. Now nutritionists and dietitians would possibly agree that people who eat fast food can be malleable able to be molded or manipulated.

Finally, I am going to be unequivocal and say I believe we can do something about these fast food establishments now. For instance, we can stop being spendthrift and stop waiving our rights because we are poor/ middle class individuals. Once we abet one another and stop eating from these places they would become defunct no longer in existence or they would change there policies. I wish I had been more knowledgeable about this a long time ago. Healthy eating is our goal and we are demanding it not asking. However, our parents’ and grandparents’ and so on would not even recognize some of the things we eat day. Eating healthy will help us reach our acme in life and we are tired of these complacent establishments.

No comments:

Post a Comment