Saturday, November 12, 2011

Blog 13

In the food unit I will describe how it connects to the units I previously learned. First of all the food unit for instance was designed to empower society with knowledge, so we can know the truth about what we eat. In the other units like (“The Allegory of the Cave, “The Truman Show, The Matrix, “Red Pill or Blue Pill?” etc.) they were trying to deliver the same message to society as far as exposing us to the truth. The main theme of our class is to enhance us with the appropriate information so we can become adept thinkers. In order to make a change in our lives, we have to first change the way we think. Besides, we have more control than you can imagine for example, once you are knowledgeable about any topic. The next step is to apply what you know and take action. That is what each unit is trying to enforce us to do learn, which is to plan then take action on the information you been given.

Now I will explain one out of the six-items listed that I have done well in and what improvements that could help me become an impeccable writer. In the evaluation of the two CATs for the other students, I learned from examining mistakes they made which allowed me to be proficient and conscious while writing. At the same time I will continue to practice so that I can do well on my CAT on November 30th. In the meantime I will look over other students work on Google Groups to get a better understanding of what not to do. Nevertheless I improved a lot compared to when I first started this class. In fact, I am aware of the grammar errors I have been having problems with. Also in the beginning I had some difficulties using my blog which I no longer have. Writing is one of the many ways that allows me to express my thoughts on paper. In this third unit it is really helpful to me because it is an eye opener. I recently stopped buying water from the supermarkets thanks to watching the video on the food unit. It was interesting to know that tap water and some bottle water are the same. Now that I stopped buying water from the supermarkets, I can save 40 to 60 dollars monthly. Finally I like to give thanks to my teacher Dr. X for inspiring me to become a great writer.

Ps, Dr. X I fixed my grammar error on all my blog from 1 – 13.

1 comment:

  1. What a thoughtful and honest reflection! I do agree with you that your writing has improved with practice, and I have no doubt that will continue to do so. Just keep on writing and revising, and you will be more than ready to take on the CAT-W.

    ReplyDelete