Monday, October 24, 2011

Blog 6

In blog six I will tell you a little bit about myself and how I disobeyed society rules. Growing up as a kid in the streets of Far rockaway was a challenge every day. I always hang out with old males that were five to ten years older than me. They teach me a lot about girls, fast money, and luxury items. Some of the many luxury items were cars, clothes, and jewelry. Those same items cause me a lot of problems growing up in a poor neighborhood. It made a lot of people jealous of me because I was able to afford expensive things. I got into fight with people in my neighborhood some my age but most of them were older individuals all because of jealousy.

I did not care about braking rules or the law as long as I could maintain my life style. What made me disobey the rules continuously was the power of independence and the adrenaline rush it gave me. Just knowing that I could make a six figure income with no education I felt omnipotent. When I purchase cars 90 percent of the time I buy it cash. Luxury cars made me feel like I was gliding on air.

What I expected from all the things I done was an adequate amount of currency so I would be able to open a business or franchise. Also my appearance had to be correct especially when I went places to network for business opportunity. Since I was a young adult I was taught to dress for success beside it made me feel empowered as well. Clothes do make a difference in how you conduct yourself or what society sees you as many times. Even thought I am not where I expected my life to be I did not give up.

1 comment:

  1. And I am glad you have not given up. But how did this lifestyle actually "break the rules"?

    ReplyDelete